General Produce Through the Years
(L to R: Cal Folds, Chris Folds, Calvin Folds, Hiram Folds, Susie Folds, Jeannie Springfield & Rex Springfield)
- Founded in 1960 in Forest Park, GA.
- Actively involved family owned corporation.
- Located on the Atlanta State Farmer's Market using 4 warehouses occupying 178,000 sq.ft.
- In 1986, GenPro Trucking was established to ship General Produce's products throughout the Southeast using company-owned, satellite-equipped trucks.
- In 1996, General Produce began using Produce Pro software to manage our sales and inventory, which helped facilitate our considerable growth over the years.
- On-line ordering available through our web site.
- In 2002, General Produce implemented a sales program focusing on the growing Southeast Hispanic and Asian population.
- From 1974 until 2009, our revenue grew substantially as our reputation grew throughout the Southeast. We experienced a 120% growth in annual revenue over the last 10 years.
- Ranked 88th among privately held companies in the state of Georgia based on revenue.